Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mya broke her head!

Here is little miss thing getting ready to go to my mom's house! She's so cute!
This is after she broke her head, those are her words!
Here she is after we went band-aid shopping for some pretty ones! She's pretty happy about her princess and hello kitty band-aids!
Nothing slows her down or takes her smiles away! I love that about her!
Running fast again already!
So here's what happened! I left her at my moms house so I could get some spring cleaning work done at our condo that we're renting out. My little sister called me a couple hours into it and told me I better come to my moms cause Mya split her head open. I seriously just about died I actually thought it was a joke at first. I don't do well with stuff like this, I rushed to my moms where she was calmly sitting on my moms lap reading stories. When my Dad mentioned to her that I was there she said "I broke my head mommy" Lol little stinker (We sing the monkeys jumping on the bed song a lot). I burst into tears when I saw the big cut. She was so worried that I was crying, more worried about that than her head. She kept saying "mommy okay" and hugging me. She is still today reminding me of when I was crying and asking me if I'm okay. I love her big heart! She was running fast down the hall tripped over the rug and hit her head on a metal vent in the hallway. My mom and I took her to the Insta-Care near their house. They were able to avoid putting stitches and just glued the big cut on her head shut. She was INCREDIBLE! She sat on my moms lap and let the doctor do everything he needed and didn't cry at all. We were both glad Grandma was there! She kept saying to him "Doctor fix Mya's head" They were thinking we would have to strap her to the bed to put the glue on but she just laid there like a pro, no straps needed. The doctor said it would sting when he started the glue, she cried for a minute but the nurse handed her a sucker and she stopped! The nurses and doctors fell in love with her of course and said she is literally the best patient they have ever had when doing something like that. She is such a sweet little girl and so brave. Amy I think she gets the brave part from you! Anyway needless to say Grandma and I cried far more than she did. I called Nick all upset about this happening and he calmly said this will probably happen a million more times, and not to worry she will be just fine! Good thing I married such a calm level headed person!  Before we had even left the doctors office my dad and brother took the old vent off and put a new plastic one that doesn't stick out from the wall, much safer for kids! My family is so great!!!!! Mya is doing well and we've survived our first emergency room situation!Grandpa sent her home with a bag full of her favorite black licorice treats, Grandma let her get a duck necklace, a bracelet and a ball in the quarter vending machine at the doctors office. She rode home a happy little girl, it's funny how kids are so resilient and can just get over things so quick!



Here are some cute pics I took with my phone of her at the doctors office! She was such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment