Thursday, July 18, 2013

A bookshelf and a dream...

How cute is this little face!!!

That bookshelf in the background used to be one giant piece of wood.......8 weeks later I turned it into that! In my family I have been surrounded by talented wood workers my whole life. It's always been an interest of mine. My mom has a wood shop off the back of her house with lots of wood and tools! I've always wanted to learn how to use the tools but have felt very nervous as I am pretty accident prone. I like all my fingers :) It's been a dream of mine to be able to design and make furniture. This last winter I decided to take this dream and make it a reality. So I signed up for a wood shop class at Utah Valley University (the school Nick just graduated from) I am more proud than ever to say that I MADE that with my very own hands from start to finish. I took it from a large plain old piece of wood and I created that bookshelf. It was not easy and I came home a few times telling Nick that I wasn't cut out to do stuff like this. But I really wanted to make something special for Mya and she loves to read so using her as inspiration helped me to get through the tough spots. I feel like she gives me special inspiration and motivation to do things that I might not have done. Between her and Nick they give me a lot of courage and strength that I would never have without them. Nick follows his dreams always and his most current one of being a blogger is going so well, he makes me proud! I know that you are big on following dreams and you want Mya to follow hers. I want to be able to teach her that and for her to be able to watch me follow mine as an example. It might sound silly as it is just a bookshelf but it's made me want to work on other things as well and has been a huge inspiration. I love little Mya and there is nothing in the world I wouldn't do for her! She's made so many of my dreams come true. She is one special little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment