Saturday, March 8, 2014

Potty training at it's finest!

Puzzles on the potty....I promise there is a method to our madness it just took awhile to kick in! 

Big girl!
She still likes to do bubbles on the potty....I say hey whatever keeps her motivated!

Alright potty training is definitely on my list of least favorite things to do! I thought it was going to be so easy and boy was I wrong. She fought pretty hard. I have never seen this stubborn side of her before. After a week of pretty much fighting with her about going potty on the toilet I wanted to give up. I thought maybe she isn't ready? Nick was about to have a 4 day weekend and told me to keep the training going and he would help me those 4 days or even take over if I wanted him to. After staying home for days, lots and lots of pee all over undies and pants, hours of puzzles on the potty, and many reward prizes we decided to back off a bit and try again later. I bought her a little stool to get on the potty herself and I'm not kidding like two days after putting her back in pull ups she started getting on the potty herself and going. We were not having any accidents and she wasn't fighting us anymore! It's like all of a sudden she learned to just hold it! Honestly I have no idea what happened or what clicked it's like she had to wait until it was on her terms. She was a stinker about it! It was clear Nick and I are two potty training dummies who had never done this before, lol it was a circus around here! 

You will now understand why when we tell you we have been SO proud of her this last week!! We're going on over a week with no accidents! She is doing awesome! I took her shopping for a special prize the other day since she is doing so good and she picked a Rapunzel dress and some shoes to go with it. She keeps talking about how she is growing so big and she wants to teach her friends to go potty on the big girl toilet like her. We are officially saying goodbye to diapers/ pullups. This big girl is in undies!  And boy oh boy are we glad the hardest part of potty training for this one is over. :) Maybe we'll do better next time...I certainly hope so anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment