Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Love this time of year!

Britt and I took Cooper and Mya to the Festival of Trees. We had to get a picture of the kids in front of the Coca Cola tree since my dad is an avid coke collector! And well I love coke myself....so does Mya she even knows how to say "coke". :)
Here are the kids in front of our favorite tree...a mustache one! Of course Mya has food, she's like me we love to eat, eat, eat!
Mya meeting Santa at our ward Hawaiian Christmas party. Lets just say she's not a fan this year!
She was okay as long as she was on my lap and Santa was not talking to her! Poor thing I assume this will change when she understands what Santa is all about. Jody got her a cute book about Santa and we have been reading it to her every night trying to help her know that he is really awesome!
Being at this Hawaiian Christmas party sure did make me wish we were going to be in Maui again this Christmas!
This is Mya and her friend Jack. She really likes him and even knows how to say his name.
Here is Mya's common reaction to Santa......this is even my Dad in the Santa suit!
It was breaking my mom's heart! My dad (aka Santa) gave her a candy cane and she just kept saying "bye bye" I think hoping that he would leave!
Mr Cooper had the same reaction, but baby Kyson really liked him.
My mom gave Mya a little nativity set, she has been so excited about this! She kisses all the people and animals and will play with it for hours. We've watched the nativity video several times as well and she loves seeing baby Jesus.

We have all taken our turns being sick and lounged around the house watching Christmas movies! Nick has been so busy trying to finish school. Mya and I have been busy getting Christmas stuff done. We've had countless meetings designing our house and been busy gathering stuff for our next adoption. Mya is talking more, walking, running, singing and pretty much just growing up right before our eyes. It seems like things have been moving faster than we know how to keep up with them. It's been a fun, busy time filled with lots of exciting new things. It's been fun to pause for a moment or two and think about just how blessed we are. I have been memorizing "The Living Christ" and I feel like it has helped me to keep the Savior in my mind and heart throughout this season. We are so thankful for what we have and our hearts go out to those who are grieving, lost, homeless, hungry, sick or in any other way afflicted. We have some friends who could use a little help this year so we've done something special for them along with my family. We always want Mya to see us giving of our time, talents and anything else that we've been blessed with. We want her to understand the importance of helping and serving those around her. She may be too young this year to understand but I know my parents helped me to understand this very thing from the time that I was little and I'm thankful for that. I am thankful for the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ and everything that he has done for me and my family. I am so grateful that we have this time of year to reflect on Him. I pray that the true spirit of Christmas will be with you this year, we are so thankful for you! We love you so much! Can't wait to see you when ya come home!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment