Sunday, November 19, 2017

September 2017 a sad month!

Rare occasion to see this love coming from Koby who is in full blown terrible 3 mode! Phew glad we got it on camera! 

Celebrating Fitz's birthday a little late on Labor Day with Nick's family! 
Caught playing in Mya's makeup! Oh Koby! 



Our nightly story times are seriously the BOMB! We decided on Star Wars as a theme for Halloween this year.We had our costumes early so we use them for story time!  Little did we know how much more this Star Wars theme would mean to us a little later on in the month when we found out our dear friend Dylan passed away. 


Ha ha Nick's Convo with Koby after a nap! 


Watching movies with the cousins!

Yay!!! Mya lost her second tooth at school today Sept 13, 2017! 


This is how noodles should be eaten! If they're not in your hair you're not eating them right! 


The twins!! Just hanging drinking some milk!

Dylan loved Star Wars! Biggest Star Wars nerd around! So of course we wore Star Wars to his funeral! He would have been so proud!

Giving love where love is needed!

We decorated Emily's porch for Fall. We all wrote her notes to tell her we loved them and we're here for her. I love teaching my kids to serve and be kind I hope they remember this. 

Our hearts were shattered on Sept 12 when we heard that our dear friend Dylan passed away in a tragic car accident on his way to work. Emily and Dylan have been my personal friends for more than 10 years, I love them both like family. They had just adopted their son Cooper in July of last year. Dylan was doing great as a teacher they were enjoying being new parents and things were finally looking up for them. It's been such a hard month as we've tried to understand and cope with what has happened. I personally am so thankful for my belief in eternal families. I was able to attend the sealing when they sealed Cooper to them in the Provo Temple. It was beautiful and I KNOW they will see Dylan again. But that doesn't necessarily help with all the hurt and struggles they will have to go through without him here right now. Sometimes things happen that just don't make sense and sometimes it shakes us to our core. I believe that these are the times that can make us stronger, yes it sucks and its hard and sometimes not fair but good can come from tragedy. I keep telling myself this and leaning on the faith and understanding that I have right now to help get me through. We are trying to be there in any way we can for Em and Coop. Mya cried so hard at his viewing it was really sad to see her upset. It was hard having to see her deal with death for the first time in her short little life. We've loved watching what a positive impact he had on our community as a teacher! I had no idea so many people knew how awesome he was! Life is so short, it's made me not want to waste any time, to love for fully, forgive and try to be a better person in any way that I can. I'm so thankful for the impact that Dylan had on me and my family! We will miss him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment